Saturday, October 30, 2021

Bobby Byrd - "I Need Help" Part 1 & 2

Digital Crate Digging Continues as this O-Dog Day Party transitions into the Saturday Night Fever!!  I was checking my files, ran across this feature I had called What I Listened To At Work.

This song  stood out;  Bobby Byrd  with "I Need Help" Part 1 & 2. I guess I didn't expect to hear it!! I was listening to  Atlanta's 89.3 WRFG that particular morning. They have a program during the week from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm where they play jazz, funk,hip hop old and new school, house, drum and bass, soul music; whatever!!

It tripped me out when  they put on James Brown's big homie Bobby Byrd, talking about he need's help!! James Brown ad-libs in the background and you know that James Brown band is tight!! 

I could visualize yourself back in the day; dressed up in a polyester suit with some gators on, Dax or Murray slicked waves in my hair and a Gangsta brim on,  riding down Broadway in Louisville in a Brown Bros. Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham!! 

Excuse me as I exhibit that Throwback Thursday / Flashback Friday vide, as I digress; check this song out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment