Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Don Cherry - Brown Rice

Sunday Jazz, err I mean Digital Crate Digging Continues on this Terrible / Terrific Tuesday; things can go either way...

Emphasis was placed on the terrific part, entered the fray showing heart now celebrating the terrific outcome; so we'll pull out the drum and let the music play..

The deal is, your dude is a hip hop fanatic!! but I was listening to WCLK the jazz station in Atlanta, trying to get ideas for beat making

The deal is, we didn't quit / stop mathematics are also dropped!! not trying to spaz, understand a brotha? I'm not out in these streets faking..

Soon I was checking my archives, ran across this  Don Cherry cut called Brown Rice that intrigued me..

 I checked this out but  had to reload it!!!  damn!! free jazz / psychedelic jazz is what the mode  is!!  listen for yourself!! check the players and the track you'll feel me!!

Acoustic Bass – Charlie Haden
Bongos [Electric] – Bunchie Fox
Drums – Billy Higgins
Electric Piano – Ricky Cherry
Tenor Saxophone – Frank Lowe
Trumpet, Electric Piano, Voice – Don Cherry
Voice – Verna Gillis




No comments:

Post a Comment